ABOUT NOVUS ARCHITECTS
Novus Architects is a full-service architecture firm with offices in Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC, Jacksonville, FL and Springline Architects in St. Thomas, USVI. We are committed to quality in both our work and relationships, and have an innovative approach to solution-based design and project management that sets them apart as a firm.
The Novus portfolio of work is a reflection of their experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12, Higher Ed, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, and Worship. With a staff that has a diverse set of skills in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Environmental Graphics and Construction Administration, Novus has positioned themselves as an established design firm with both regional and national clients.
As a set of individuals with diverse talents, we come together to make up a team that challenges itself creatively every day. Thru thoughtful collaboration, respect, and mentorship, we continue to build an engaging work environment and a company culture we can’t help but celebrate. We want you to bring your ideas and passion to the table and always encourage innovation that leads to creative solutions.
It is important to us as a firm to foster our team members’ growth through leadership training, professional certifications, continuing education, and conference participation. Our staff finds reward in seeing this growth within themselves, their peers, and the company as a whole. This collaboration and encouragement is a defining aspect of the understanding we have that our greatest asset is our employees.
- Ability to manage a project from concept through completion while simultaneously managing staff and client relationships.
- Manage multiple small/medium projects, coordinates all aspects of assigned projects, and estimates scope of work.
- This position is working with our newly acquired location in the US Virgin Islands at Springline Architects.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate projects with consultants.
- While path to licensure is encouraged there are various career growth opportunities the firm supports.
- Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Monitor scope requirements and identify scope-related gaps and issues.
- Ensure alignment and understanding of project scope and objectives with the Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- Raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- BS/BA in architecture or interior design or construction background required.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Revit and Bluebeam is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work as a team member and meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-directed; high energy level; high degree of personal initiative.
- Good judgment and personal maturity.
- Professional image and presence.
- Residential work experience is a plus.
- Licensure not required.
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, Jacksonville and St. Thomas USVI, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.