ABOUT NOVUS ARCHITECTS
Novus Architects is a full-service architecture firm with offices in Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC, Jacksonville, FL, and Springline Architects, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. We are committed to quality in both our work and relationships, and have an innovative approach to solution-based design and project management that sets us apart as a firm.
The Novus portfolio is a reflection of our experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12 Education, Higher Education, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, Worship, Residential and Industrial. With a staff equipped with a diverse skillset in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Environmental Graphics, and Construction Administration, we have positioned ourselves as an established design firm with national reach.
As a set of individuals with diverse talents, we come together to form a team that challenges itself creatively every day. Through thoughtful collaboration, respect, and mentorship we continue to build an engaging work environment and a company culture reflective of our values. We want you to bring your ideas and passion to the table and always encourage innovation that leads to creative solutions.
It is important to us as a firm to foster our team members’ growth through leadership training, professional certifications, continuing education, conference participation, and personalized mentorship to help along the way. Our staff celebrates seeing this growth within themselves, their peers, and the firm as a whole. This collaboration and encouragement of growth is a defining aspect of the understanding we have that our greatest asset is our employees.
We are seeking a tech-savvy individual who wants to begin a career in architecture. The ideal candidate will be capable of working towards licensing within a few years and will be motivated to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Professional degree in architecture required.
- 1-5 years experience.
- Non-licensed architectural staff. Licensed Architect a plus.
- Excellent skills in Autodesk Revit; broad IT skills a strong plus.
- Capable of performing basic level architectural assignments to independently work on a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of moderate size and complexity.
- Ability to work as a team member to achieve high output levels.
- Self-directed; high energy level; high degree of personal initiative.
- Produce high-quality drawings (Schematic Design thru Construction Documents) using Autodesk Revit. 3-D rendering software knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to learn to put together a set of Construction Documents in a thoughtful way taking into consideration design and emphasis on team schedules and deadlines.
- Assists in the preparation of project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Reviews completed reports, plan estimates, and calculations.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate projects with consultants.
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, Jacksonville and St. Thomas USVI, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.