Novus Architects is a full-service architecture firm with offices in Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC, Jacksonville, FL and Springline Architects in St. Thomas, USVI. Novus is committed to quality in both their work and relationships, and has an innovative approach to solution-based design and project management that sets them apart as a firm. The Novus portfolio of work is a reflection of their experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12, Higher Ed, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, and Worship. With a staff that has a diverse set of skills in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Environmental Graphics and Construction Administration, Novus has positioned themselves as an established design firm with both regional and national clients.
As a set of individuals with diverse talents, we come together to make up a team that challenges itself creatively every day. Thru thoughtful collaboration, respect, and mentorship, we continue to build an engaging work environment and a company culture we can’t help but celebrate. We want you to bring your ideas and passion to the table and always encourage innovation that leads to creative solutions. It’s important to us to foster our staff’s growth through leadership training, professional certifications, continuing education, and conference participation. Our staff finds reward in seeing this growth within themselves, their peers, and the company as a whole-- -a defining aspect of the understanding we have that our greatest asset is our employees.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be able to complete a project from soup to nuts, with little direction, by reviewing “go by” drawings sets.
- Have the ability to mentor developing architects in critical thinking skills, coordination with consultants and production of excellent drawing sets.
- Have strong process-management skills.
- Have the ability to make effective use of support staff in completing multiple projects in
- an accurate and timely way.
- Have the ability to manage a team remotely using Microsoft teams and Bluebeam
- Have experience in reviewing drawings and generating redlines.
- This position will require clear, effective communication, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a strong drive to see results that will ensure you retain highly satisfied clients.
- Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Would be considered a trusted mentor, leader and trainer with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage a project from concept through completion while simultaneously managing staff and client relationships.
- Manages multiple small/medium projects, coordinates all aspects of assigned projects, and estimates scope of work.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Exceptional communication skills for working directly with clients, consultants, jurisdictions, and general contractors.
- The ability to work and thrive in team and independent working scenarios with demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- Will be managing at least 6 people.
- 15 or more years of experience in Architecture.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Licensure required.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part as a team.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Option to work remotely or in the office – must be able to manage staff that works from home remotely.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills space planning.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient with Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, and Bluebeam.
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, Jacksonville and St. Thomas USVI, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.