ABOUT NOVUS ARCHITECTS
The Novus portfolio of work is a reflection of their experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12, Higher Ed, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, and Worship. With a staff that has a diverse set of skills in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Environmental Graphics and Construction Administration, Novus has positioned themselves as an established design firm with both regional and national clients.
As a set of individuals with diverse talents, we come together to make up a team that challenges itself creatively every day. Through thoughtful collaboration, respect, and mentorship, we continue to build an engaging work environment and a company culture we can’t help but celebrate. We want you to bring your ideas and passion to the table and always encourage innovation that leads to creative solutions.
It’s important to us to foster our staff’s growth through leadership training, professional certifications, continuing education, and conference participation. Our staff finds reward in seeing this growth within themselves, their peers, and the company as a whole; a defining aspect of the understanding we have that our greatest asset is our employees.
This position provides an incredible opportunity to work with the Design Studio Principal and the Principal in Charge of an established national client. In this fast-paced studio, you will be working on multiple projects simultaneously for the same client.
This position will include an up to 4-month training program, where the successful applicant will work with existing staff to do actual projects, prior to assuming a leadership role.
Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. Successfully manage a project from concept through completion while simultaneously managing staff and client relationships. This Job has the option of working remotely or in an office.
- Will be responsible for managing 3 or more people.
- Manage a team remotely using Microsoft Teams and Bluebeam sessions.
This position will require clear, effective communication, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a strong drive to see results that will ensure you retain highly satisfied clients. Additionally, requires exceptional communication skills for working directly with consultants, jurisdictions, and general contractors.
- Be a highly productive architect with demonstrated skills in conceptualizing and adapting design templates that will enable efficient completion of sequential projects.
- Complete a project from beginning to end in Revit, with little direction, by reviewing “go by” drawing sets, including modeling existing conditions from field survey information
- Review drawings, generate redlines and review to ensure redlines are completed.
- Review building code to ensure compliance to code requirements.
- Coordinate with consultants, jurisdictions, and client to ensure client needs are met.
- Coordinate with team for Permitting, Bidding, and Construction Administration to ensure project success.
- Understand and coordinate with existing conditions for renovation projects.
- Manage multiple small/medium projects, coordinates all aspects of assigned projects, and estimates scope of work.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Understand project profitability.
- Make effective use of support staff.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in space planning.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Have strong process-management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Proficient with Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, and Bluebeam.
- Documentable experience training and leading junior level staff.
Education and Experience:
- 10 or more years of experience in Architecture.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Licensure required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, Jacksonville and St. Thomas USVI, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.