Novus Architects is seeking an experienced, highly-talented, and creative individual to join our Healthcare team in the Charleston area. For over 25 years, our Healthcare Studio at Novus has shaped health environments with a priority placed on consideration for the people that will occupy them. Our projects are designed such that patients are comfortable in the places they receive care and staff are enabled to effectively and efficiently provide the highest level of care for their patients. Our success in healthcare design is based on our client-centered design methodology and value we place in long- standing client relationships.
ABOUT NOVUS ARCHITECTS
Novus Architects is a full-service architecture firm with offices in Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC, Jacksonville, FL and St. Thomas USVI. Novus is committed to quality in both their work and relationships, and has an innovative approach to solution-based design and project management that sets them apart as a firm. The Novus portfolio of work is a reflection of their experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12, Higher Ed, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, and Faith-based. With a staff that has a diverse set of skills in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Environmental Graphics and Construction Administration, Novus has positioned themselves as an established design firm with both regional and national clients.
- Lead project production in healthcare projects in consultation with the Director of Healthcare, Healthcare Principal in Charge, and Project Team.
- Ensure alignment and understanding of project scope and objectives with the Director of Healthcare and Project Team.
- Raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with Director of Healthcare and Project Team.
- Ensure that project scope, requirements and approvals comply with current governance guidelines, best practices, and methodology.
- Monitor scope requirements and identify scope-related gaps and issues.
- Ensure that all project dependencies / linkages are identified.
- Ensure successful production of project drawings and specifications.
- Manage / support project scope and objectives throughout the project lifecycle.
- Comply with standard processes to drive effective project execution.
- Ensure that project schedules include all tasks and activities necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Utilizing your past experience and technical competency, monitor project design, schedule, and budget, and communicate regularly with team members who are responsible for portions of the work.
- Lead a team in the development of each project’s aesthetic and technical performance goals.
- Direct and mentor Junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
- Lead design meetings with clients with general oversight from office leadership.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the healthcare sector, including Acute Care Hospitals, Medical Office buildings, and specialty care facilities.
- BS/BA in architecture required; MS/MA Degree preferred.
- Registered Architect or in the process of obtaining architectural licensure.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit; broad IT skills also preferred.
- Thorough understanding of relevant codes such as state building codes, FGI Guidelines, NFPA, IBC, ANSI 117.1, BOMA.
- Experience in the technical production of projects from planning and conceptual design through construction administration within the market sector.
- Proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking, influence, and decision making.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplined teams.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of healthcare architecture planning and design.
- Understanding of healthcare terminology, regulations, and best practices as they relate to services, departments, and building types in the healthcare setting.
- Experience managing challenging, fast-paced projects.
- Strong writing, speaking, and public speaking/presentation skills.
- Ability to professionally collaborate with office leadership and clients.
Please submit resumes to Deb Meitzler at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate position in subject line.
Must be based in Charleston area. Flexible hours available.
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, and Jacksonville, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.