Novus Architects is seeking an experienced, highly talented, and creative individual to join our Education Studio. For over 25 years, Novus has shaped education environments with a focus on the people that will occupy them; such that students and teachers are engaged in the places where they learn and teach. Our success in education design is based on our client-centered design methodology, and we value long-standing client relationships. Our Education Studio focuses on projects that range from Early Childcare, Pre-K, K-12 and Higher Education.
ABOUT NOVUS ARCHITECTS
Novus Architects is a full-service architecture firm with offices in Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC and Jacksonville, FL. Novus is committed to quality in both their work and relationships, and has an innovative approach to solution-based design and project management that sets them apart as a firm. The Novus portfolio of work is a reflection of their experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12, Higher Ed, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, and Faith-based. With a staff that has a diverse set of skills in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Environmental Graphics and Construction Administration, Novus has positioned themselves as an established design firm with both regional and national clients.
- Lead or contribute to the development of education projects, in consultation with the Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- Ensure alignment and understanding of project scope and objectives with the Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- Raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- Ensure that project scope, requirements and approvals comply with current government and school governance guidelines, best practices, and methodology.
- Monitor scope requirements and identify scope-related gaps and issues.
- Ensure that all project dependencies / linkages are identified.
- Ensure that all project deliverables and success criteria are identified.
- Manage / support project scope and objectives throughout the project lifecycle.
- Establish / implement / comply with change management processes to drive effective project execution.
- Ensure that project schedules include all tasks and activities necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Understands education terminology, design standards, and best practices as it relates to services, programs and building types in an education setting.
- Utilizes past experience and technical knowledge and monitors quality of the construction documents keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides coaching/communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for work flow/timelines, etc.
- Provide planning guidance throughout the early and development stages of design.
- Lead a team in the development of each projects behavioral, aesthetic, and technical performance goals, including initiating schematic designs/plans.
- Direct and mentor Junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
- Engage in new client development and maintenance of existing client relationships.
- Contribute to new project pursuits through the public procurement RFQ and interview process.
- Minimum 10 years of experience on education projects including Early Childcare, Pre-K, K-12, Community College and Higher Education facilities.
- BS/BA in architecture required; MS/MA Degree preferred.
- Architectural licensure required.
- Excellent skills in Autodesk Revit, MS Office Suite, BlueBeam Revu, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience leading project teams to program, conceptualize, and document projects within the market sector.
- Proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking, influence, and decision making.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplined teams.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of healthcare architecture planning and design.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and public presentation skills.
- Strengths in business and client development
Please submit resumes to Crystal Hudson at email@example.com and indicate position in subject line.
Must be based in one of our 5 locations. Our Principal in Charge of the Education Studio is based in Asheville, NC. Flexible hours and remote available.
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, and Jacksonville, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.