The Director of Hospitality will lead the development of Hospitality projects, in consultation with the Principal in Charge and Project Team. This position will provide Project Management for key projects, and support project scope and objectives throughout the project lifecycles. Responsible for the alignment and understanding of project scope and objectives.
- Responsible for managing direct reports, depending on studio size.
- Responsible as “backup” or #2 within the Hospitality Studio, working in tandem with the Principle in Charge, to provide staff support, client support and business development.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects concurrently. Projects may be of differing size, scope and with different production staff.
- Responsible for training and mentoring junior staff members and/or staff members from other studios not familiar with hospitality standards.
- Responsible for sponsoring up to 3 individuals within the Novus Sponsorship Program.
- Lead or contribute to the development of hospitality projects, in consultation with the Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- Ensure alignment and understanding of project scope and objectives with the Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- Raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with Principal in Charge and Project Team.
- Ensure that project scope, requirements and approvals comply with current governance guidelines, best practices, and methodology.
- Monitor scope requirements and identify scope-related gaps and issues.
- Ensure that all project dependencies / linkages are identified.
- Ensure that all project deliverables and success criteria are identified.
- Manage / support project scope and objectives throughout the project lifecycle.
- Establish / implement / comply with change management processes to drive effective project execution.
- Ensure that project schedules include all tasks and activities necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Understands hospitality terminology, regulations, and best practices as it relates to services, departments and building types in the hospitality setting.
- Utilizes past experience and technical knowledge and monitors quality of the construction documents keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides coaching/communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for workflow/timelines, etc.
- Provide design solutions and/or guidance throughout the early and development stages of design.
- Lead a team in the development of each project’s behavioral, aesthetic, and technical performance goals, including initiating schematic designs/plans.
- Direct and mentor Junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
- Review and maintain working project budgets, projected workload and revenue, along with periodic budgetary review.
- Excellent skills in Autodesk Revit; broad rendering and presentation skills are a must, be it in Revit or other methods.
- Experience and proven ability to lead project teams to program, conceptualize, and document projects within the market sector.
- Proven leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplined teams.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of hospitality architectural and interior planning and design.
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, Jacksonville and St. Thomas USVI, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.