ABOUT NOVUS ARCHITECTS
Novus Architects is a full-service architecture firm with offices in Charleston, SC, Atlanta, GA, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC, Jacksonville, FL, and Springline Architects, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. We are committed to quality in both our work and relationships, and have an innovative approach to solution-based design and project management that sets us apart as a firm.
The Novus portfolio is a reflection of our experience in many building sectors including Healthcare, K-12 Education, Higher Education, Financial, Municipal, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Recreation, Commercial, Worship, Residential and Industrial. With a staff equipped with a diverse skillset in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management, FFE Coordination, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Environmental Graphics, and Construction Administration, we have positioned ourselves as an established design firm with national reach.
As a set of individuals with diverse talents, we come together to form a team that challenges itself creatively every day. Through thoughtful collaboration, respect, and mentorship we continue to build an engaging work environment and a company culture reflective of our values. We want you to bring your ideas and passion to the table and always encourage innovation that leads to creative solutions.
It is important to us as a firm to foster our team members’ growth through leadership training, professional certifications, continuing education, conference participation, and personalized mentorship to help along the way. Our staff celebrates seeing this growth within themselves, their peers, and the firm as a whole. This collaboration and encouragement of growth is a defining aspect of the understanding we have that our greatest asset is our employees.
About the Job: Architectural Drafting
To collaborate with our architectural design team to produce high quality technical drawings for healthcare and other project types. Generate 3D models to provide support to the design team, and assist in the preparation of conceptual design, advanced plans, and construction documents.
• Candidate should be able to work within Novus’ Rocky Mount, NC office 2-3 days per week (minimum).
• An associate’s degree or certification program in architectural technology, or similar.
• Advanced proficiency in Revit. Knowledge in other computer-aided design (CAD) and rendering software a plus.
• Experience with Bluebeam Revu or other similar software for reviewing and marking up PDF drawings.
• Understanding of the architectural design process and associated deliverables.
• Strong organizational and time management abilities, and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Self-directed; high energy level; high degree of personal initiative.
• Using Autodesk Revit to create drawings that incorporate exact measurements, calculations, building codes, and other construction details.
• Produce high-quality drawings (Schematic Design thru Construction Documents) using Autodesk Revit. 3-D rendering software knowledge a plus.
• Analyzing building specifications, codes, and sites.
• Visiting construction sites to perform measurements and calculate dimensions as needed.
• Collaborating with architects to ensure adherence to building specifications and industry regulations.
• Keeping abreast of the latest developments and technologies in architectural design.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience, entry level considered.
DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS IS OCTOBER 13, 2023
Novus Architects was founded in 1992 by one architect working for one client. It didn’t take long to grow as the demand also grew for our creative process and commitment to exceptional customer service. Today, with offices in Atlanta, Asheville, Charleston, Charlotte, Jacksonville and St. Thomas USVI, Novus has a mission to create highly functional, beautiful spaces that are more than brick and mortar, or fixtures and furniture – spaces that foster human interaction, discovery and deep connection.
For all media inquiries, please visit our contact page.